It’s not the amount of blood that the heart pumps, it’s about the amount of meaning that the heart feels.
“Life is the physical, mental, and spiritual experiences that constitute existence.”
- You are a breathing organism. Each second your heart pumps blood throughout your body, you experience this priceless gift.
- For me personally, I believe that it’s not about the amount of blood that your heart pumps. It’s about the amount of meaning your soul perceives throughout the entirety of its existence.
Have you heard of a story about the miser and his gold? I’ll tell you a short story for today:
Once upon a time there was a Miser who used to hide his gold at the foot of a tree in his garden; but every week he used to go and dig it up and gloat over his gains. A robber, who had noticed this, went and dug up the gold and decamped with it. When the Miser next came to gloat over his treasures, he found nothing but the empty hole. He tore his hair, and raised such an outcry that all the neighbors came around him, and he told them how he used to come and visit his gold. “Did you ever take any of it out?” asked one of them. “Nay,” said he, “I only came to look at it.”
“Then come again and look at the hole,” said a neighbor; “it will do you just as much good.”
Moral of Aesop’s Fable: Wealth unused might as well not exist.
- You have a pot of gold in your soul. Your pot
- gold is your ability to execute kindness.
- Every kind act performed is another shilling of gold added into your peace of mind account.
- If you don’t start giving, you’ll never receive life’s most precious gifts.
Wealth unused might as well not exist.
The following list provides an outline on how you can upgrade your perception. If you see better you’ll do better. If you do better you’ll store it as a permanent part of your character. As the legendary Ralph Waldo Emerson had put it:
“Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think.”
I have divided the EpicLife™ Principles into 5 parts:
Part 1- Internal Mindset.
Your job is to own your faults, get better at it and move on.
- Life is about your ability to value your experiences. If you master your ability to perceive, eventually you’ll master your life.
- Perception is a tangible angle of your reality. Like anything it gets better with practice. See the gold in the clay.
- Discipline your mind to view a setback as an opportunity for growth.
- Character is your most valuable asset. Money depreciate, inflates and deteriorate. Character withstands eternity.
- When shit gets down, are you still the great person you believe yourself to be?
- When life whips you with a series of unfortunate events, who do you blame? Do you point fingers?
- Commit to claiming responsibility for what is within your control only. Define the boundaries.
- The door of excellence leads through a room full of irresponsible temptations to pass the buck.
- Your job is to own your faults, get better at it and move on.
- No one said an EpicLife™ would be easy, for what its worth there is nothing that could compare.
- Commit to excellence, stay your course until you accomplish your mission.
- What unique ability do you have that you can contribute to the rest of humanity?
- Questions are your door to personal salvation. Elevate your spiritual status by consistently questioning authorities.
- There is nothing worthy of stopping you from asking the wildest questions. I dare you! If you must; accuse, but don’t excuse.
- Time is a reminder. Have you created the life worthy of your existence yet?
- Challenge your mind to embrace radical ideas. Bleed and seek new opportunities for growth.
- “To create something exceptional, your mindset must be relentlessly focused on the smallest detail.” Armani.
- Train your mind, fine-tune your cognitive skills adjust your imaginations to perceive the impossible.
- “The mind that opens to a new idea never returns to its original size.” Albert Einstein
- Get over the idea that there is a limitation imposed upon your imagination to perceive as you like.
Part 2- Forming Beliefs.
“If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.”
- With the right mindset you will have the right reasons to believe. A resolute rationale to execute your faiths.
- Ideas are tested by obstacles. Without a firm belief, life will knock you down.
- No matter what, when, where or how your why must be crystal clear.What is your purpose in life?
- Clear out your cognitive dissonance by identifying the beliefs that will steer you towards your ultimate purpose.
- Have a second? In one word describe the value you would die for.
- Have a minute? In one sentence describe your ultimate purpose in life.
- Have an hour? Brain storm the vision of your accomplished mission. Dharma accomplished!
- Have a day? Meditate and embody the vision of your ultimate life. Merge the concepts. Be the change.
- Have a lifetime? Start living your purpose silly!
- Structure your life with the conviction that the right principles will be the spine of your epic character.
- Connect to the supernatural. Become a vessel of divinity. Grow some wings of faith.
- Your faith needs to be impenetrable by any idea. Invincible from any damages. Your faith needs to be immortal.
- Immortality is gained by witnessing the nothingness in your experiences.
- Let it be! It encompasses the immortal. You and me our perceptions are flawed.
- Get in the zone. Meditate, pray, chant or reason out. You need to step up the voltage of your mind.
- Beliefs are like transformers of the power grid. It steps up your idea towards a divine state.
- “To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.” Mahatma Gandhi
- There is power in belief. Utilize it to maximize your resilience. Engage it to call upon your magic.
- “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.”Abraham Lincoln
- Let no one tell you that dreams are only lies. If you are determined to accomplish the only object between your goal and reality is your ability to believe. Your execution will be flawless.
Part 3- The Art of Effective Communication
Each person you meet has a priceless lesson prepared for you to tactfully grab.
“A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.” â• Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
- No man is an island. You can’t afford to invent your own version of electricity. Find Edison and learn from him.
- Your beliefs need to be painted with words, thoughts, values and communication. They will establish your tribes.
- Don’t be an ignorant fool. Admit your faults, own your quirks. We are learning. Let’s keep it that way.
- Disarm your enemies by owning your weaknesses. You can’t harm a person with the right attitude.
- Talking is sometimes your biggest enemy. Shut up. Listen. You’ll learn more. Trust me.
- Shut your voices inside. Listen to what’s happening outside of your world. Often that’s the only travelling you need.
- Get better at saying no to the people whose sole intention is to bring you down.
- Say yes to the possibilities of self-improvement. Embrace that opportunity as your shortcut towards your goals.
- Listen to the words unspoken. The eyes tell more than the mouth of the spoken. Read the unwritten.
- Pay attention to your ability to listen. You’re not there waiting for your chance to talk. It’s not a competition.
- Never put down the person you’re talking with. Their ‘incompetence’ might be a reflection of your hubris.
- Try to not let anyone exit from a conversation until you can note in your mind a new lesson.
- The reason you talk is to exchange ideas. Not to gossip. Not to humiliate. Not to kiss butt. Trade lessons.
- Respect, tolerate, be patient and love anyone you intend to communicate with.
- Bad people teach you that you still have your patience and understanding ability to work on.
- Good people sometimes inflate your ego. Smile and take the chance to pin-point the blind spots fading.
- When talking look people in the eye. Listen with your face. Listen with your body. Listen with your heart.
- It’s not about you. It’s about your ability to communicate in the most optimum medium. Practice.
- “When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant, and effective.” Stephen R. Covey
- Take the time to practice being a master of communication. Ideas needs vehicles to move from one heart to another. You can drive a Hyundai or a Lamborghini. It’s your choice.
Part 4- The Action That Makes The Difference.
“The future depends on what you do today.”
- Adhere to the Pareto’s Principle. Focus on 20% of your most effective actions to accentuate change.
- There is no perfect time to do anything. If you have the urge, go do it now!
- Notice the difference between being impulsive and being intuitive.
- Act from your soul it breeds meaning.
- Action bridges your dream to reality.
- More action doesn’t translate to faster manifestation. Less is more. Meaningful less of course.
- Courage is the pinnacle of right action.
- Wisdom is the teacher of courage.
- Get better at saying no to the actions that won’t count. Make the judgement call.
- Learn to build your A.R.K Act of Random Kindness.
- Silence can be the best action for you to perform in the face of uncertainty.
- When in doubt, make a mistake. A valid-fault is more valuable than a delusional success.
- Do something that others tell you are impossible to accomplish.
- Any act should be worthy of being dented in the chapters of history.
- Whether it’s your family, loved ones or yourself that doubts your ability. Challenge the status quo by your actions.
- Action sets the great apart from the mediocre. The shepherds from the herd. Just Do It!
- “Never confuse movement with action.” â• Ernest Hemingway
- A small act consistently performed over a year is better than a night blasted away by fireworks.
- “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. “ William James
- “In the end, people should be judged by their actions, since in the end, it was actions that defined everyone.” Nicholas Sparks
Part 5: Contribution Towards Humanity
“Each of us is a unique strand in the intricate web of life and here to make a contribution.”
- You and me eventually one of us will die. What makes an EpicLife™ is our ability to leave behind a legacy.
- What legacy would you leave behind to be recognized as a monument?
- Touch hearts by the perplexing nature of your gifts. Let your crafts inspire even when you’re no longer around.
- The moment you stop committing to your best is the moment you cede your rightful place to join the Xtra-ordinary Souls.
- Paint a thousand pictures. Compose hundreds of tunes. Put in your 10,000 hours.
- You don’t need to travel to mars to start. We have YouTube, WordPress, Twitter and so many other outlets for your art.
- Join me, Seth Godin, Icarus and many others who have decided to rise towards the sun. Rise and fall like an epic hero.
- Prove that you alone can decide your greatest path. Let no-one trick you into false security. Your truth is the only security.
- Study your ambitions. Go through your plans. Above all find out about the people you intend to uplift with your gifts.
- Contribute your gifts as if you’re going to die as soon as you’re finished. Live on the edge of your divinity.
- Nothing feels better than witnessing the magic ingredient unfold before your eyes. You are the magic. Shazam!
- You have only one shot, one chance, one life. Why Imitate? Why copy a master-piece? This is not you.
- ‘You’ is a rough concept. Often by our greatest pain are we made aware of our true self. Fear hides your truth.
- Think of the coming generations. How could you possibly connect with them? What’s your Mona Lisa?
- Steve Jobs would love to see you pick your own path. You heard about the graduation speech right?
- “Life is not accumulation, it is about contribution.” Stephen Covey.
- “Be a man, do the right thing!” Russell Peters.
- If you’re still reading this I am 100% convinced that you’re serious about building an epic life. Kudos!
- “We are not here merely to make a living. We are here to enrich the world.” Woodrow Wilson.
- To build an epic life, serve wholeheartedly.
- Of course an EpicLife™ is not for everyone. I would love to see our world implementing it as a mandatory subject in schools. As of this moment the best I could do is to inspire you to live your greatest life. Eventually someone will notice the difference you’re making in this world. Maybe just maybe you’ll leave behind a note somewhere that because of this article your life has never been the same.
PS: You are epic regardless of whether you’ve read the whole article or not. I would really love it if you can share these ideas with someone who means a lot to you. You mean a lot to me hence I’ve taken the 8 hours worth of effort to construct this piece. This is my purpose, nothing makes me happier.
Thank You for reading, this is me signing off.